Bearnstow accepts applications from individual artists and small collaborative teams (up to three persons total). If applying as a group, one team member should apply as Lead Artist on behalf of the others. Please include the following in your application:
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we are able to fully fund 5 artists. This funding can be granted to artists applying individually or as a collective. Additional artists may be accepted with a subsidized artist rate of $400 per person per week which includes lodging, all meals, and use of facilities.
Applications are due by 11:59 pm on April 30. Notifications will be sent out Mid-May.
Please have the following materials ready to complete your application:
- A description of the intended Retreat project, including desired outcomes, related performance expectations, and previous experience, as applicable (Max 300 words);
- A description of what you might offer to our exisiting community of local youth, local adults, young artist interns, other Bearnstow residents etc. (Max 300 words) (offering could be a presentation, performance, class, or a new idea)
- An estimate of time and type of studio access needed and any required special eqiptment
- A brief (Max 150 word) biography. If applying as a group, we request similar biographies from each member of the collaborative team;
- Optional Supporting Materials:
- 1-3 Photos
- 1 Video (Max 3 minutes)
- Website URL
- Instagram Handle
- Facebook Page