Workshops at Bearnstow are intimate and rigorous, with ample space for exploration and play. Workshop schedules vary based on the instructor but typically include a morning and afternoon session with lab and recreation time planned in throughout the week. Sessions are held both indoors and outdoors. Classes are small (typically a max of 14 students) allowing for personal attention from instructors and a strong group dynamic.
2022 Workshops will be announced soon!
2021 Workshops (click on titles for description and registration):
- August 1–7, 2021: Claire Porter, Writing and Moving
- August 16–22, 2021: K.J. Holmes, Combining Disciplines for Creative Performance
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19 we are requiring all adults to be fully vaccinated before the start of the workshop. We will continue practicing social distancing and mask wearing as recommended by the CDC.
- Workshops will be limited to 10 participants for all 2021 workshops
- There is parking available for participants with cars. For those traveling on public transportation, Bearnstow will coordinate pickups from Augusta airport or bus station.
- Tuition for Resident Participants includes teaching fees, meals, housing (including all bedding, towels, and soap).
- There are some financial aid options available please select this option on the registration form or contact molly (at) bearnstow.org for details.
- For Day Participant commuters the workshop week includes dinner on Sunday and Friday and all lunches through the week. At other times meals may be purchased if desired: breakfast ($8) and dinner ($15). Day students are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from Bearnstow.
- Most of Bearnstow’s workshops are designed for participants age 18 and older. However, instructors may consider applications from young people (ages 15–18) for partial or full participation if interested.
- Family and pets of participants may be able to be accommodated at Bearnstow during your stay depending on enrollment and availability. Please contact us for more information.
- Bearnstow is not an ADA accessible venue due to our natural dirt paths and historic buildings. However, we want to do the best we can to accommodate your needs. If you are interested in attending but aren’t sure if Bearnstow is accessible to you, please contact molly(at)bearnstow.org to see if we can help make an arrangement that allows you to participate.