Bearnstow is seeking new additions to our day camp staff. Bearnstow Day Camp is a fun, supportive, and safe environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and collaboration among our campers. Our staff, including our Day camp director and counselors, work together to design activities that campers of many ages can enjoy. We love our staff to bring their individuality, passions, and skills to share with our campers. Typical activities include games and sports, performing arts, crafts, swimming, nature and cooking. We also have guest teachers including our resident artists, and naturalists.
Day Camp Counselor Responsibilities:
• Plan and lead 45-75 minute lesson plans for children ages 5-15
• Supervise all campers as necessary to ensure a safe and fun environment
• Support campers and other staff when not leading an activity
• Assist in prep and clean up of activities
• Ensure compliance with applicable health codes and safety regulations.
Compensation for this position is $250 a week plus room and board, and enjoyment of the incredible nature around you! You will report directly to associate director, Molly Hess and will work with a small, creative, team of dedicated staff and interns.
The Ideal candidate has:
• Previous experience working with children in a group setting
• An enthusiasm for the arts and the natural environment
• CPR and/ or Life guarding certification (or an interest in receiving that training)
• Strong Leadership abilities
• The ability to remain calm in an stressful situation
Full Vaccination against Covid-19 is required
To Apply please send a statement of interest, resume, and 2 references to molly(at)bearnstow(dot)org
Bearnstow does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.