Bearnstow Day Camp is open to all school-aged children. Every day is different at camp; days include full group games, swimming in Parker Pond, arts and crafts, nature activities, cooking, movement class, and other creative and performing arts activities.
Registration is Open now!
Campers Entering 7th grade and above are eligible to be a CIT! Former campers ages 16+ are invited to apply to be a counselor
- Day Camp runs 9:30am–5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Sessions are limited to 20 campers per session
- Lunch and a snack is provided for all campers; please let us know about any dietary restrictions.
- Early drop-off and late pickup may be individually arranged.
- Children should be sufficiently mature to participate in a full day of activities.
- We recommend campers bring swim gear, towel, bug/tick spray, sun screen, sturdy shoes, warm layers, a change of clothes, and a book or other quiet time activity.
- Certain activities do require closed-toed shoes with backs; the terrain is uneven and full of rocks and roots, so we strongly recommend these types of shoes for the full day.
- Campers are asked to take home their personal belongings at night.
- If the camper has a Personal Floatation Device (PFD), it is recommended they bring their own. Bearnstow does have some extra PFDs and recreational floating toys, like pool noodles, which campers may borrow.
Molly Hess (Day Camp Director) has directed Bearnstow Day Camp since 2011 and every summer looks forward to new adventures at camp. Molly is a Berkshires–based dance artist, educator, and administrator who values process, collaboration, curiosity and transparency in all her work. When she is not leading Day Camp, she teaches with Studio North Dance Arts in North Adams, MA as well as residencies in creative dance in public schools. Molly has a B.A. in dance from St. Olaf College and a certificate in Brain-Compatible Dance education from Creative Dance Center. Molly is a founding member of the Picnic Sisters, and 3 Spice Dance, both collaborations that emerged from creative relationships that started at Bearnstow and she also is an independent choreographer.
Shawn Williams (Counselor) first attended Bearnstow Day Camp as a camper in 2011. He has been assisting Day Camp for the last six years. Shawn specializes in teaching games and sports but loves everything we do at camp. Shawn is currently a student at William Paterson University.